Jack Davidson’s Dilemma
8,00 $ – 50,00 $
CASE STUDY. The manager of the Organizational Design Department of a large manufacturing company must take steps to reduce his workload and to better allocate his analyst’s tasks.
Jack Davidson’s Dilemma: Abstract
The manager of the Organizational Design Department of a large manufacturing company must take steps to reduce his workload and to better allocate his analysts’ tasks. He discusses possible solutions with a colleague.
Analysis of this case favours the acquisition of knowledge in management, the reinforcement of analytical and interpersonal skills and the exploration of attitudes and beliefs having to do with the conception and practice of the manager’s craft. More specifically, the following themes or subjects can be explored by the case:
- Moving from the role of expert to the role of manager
- Orientation of the manager’s craft
- The exercise of leadership
- Professionals in management situations
- The process of delegation and of making people accountable
- Reframing a problem or a situation
- The practice of role playing
- Micro structures in organizations
- The concept and the practice of coaching
- Problem analysis
- A critical look at data presented in a case
- The span of supervision
Teaching notes are available for teachers only. Contact the HEC Montréal Case Centre for more information.
|Nombre de pages|
|Numéro centre de cas|