Tatiana Gschwend at the Head of Familitet: A Russian Social Innovation and Family Services Pioneer
8,00 $ – 50,00 $
CASE STUDY. The case tells the story of Familitet, a small social enterprise in Ryazan, Russia, and its CEO, Tatiana Gschwend. In the post-Soviet world, where institutions are still very traditional, Familitet fills certain gaps.
Tatiana Gschwend at the Head of Familitet: A Russian Social Innovation and Family Services Pioneer: Abstract
The case tells the story of Familitet, a small social enterprise in Ryazan, Russia, and its CEO, Tatiana Gschwend. In the post-Soviet world, where institutions are still very traditional, Familitet fills certain gaps. By offering classes in family and perinatal yoga, speech therapy, and social skills; organizing workshops on marital and parental psychology, breastfeeding, and anthropology; and offering the support of a midwife, Familitet has made its mark as a trail blazer.
The case describes events that took place in 2015, when Familitet was experiencing the impact of the economic crisis caused by Western sanctions. That same year, the company had been approached by a Kazakh company wishing to explore the possibility of opening a franchise – an opportunity that could be advantageous to Familitet both during the crisis and over the long term. Tatiana and her team had to decide how to respond to the crisis by adapting their business model in Ryazan and choosing the optimal business model for the Kazakh market.
- Understand and evaluate the social impact of a small company and the role played by the entrepreneur’s life experience in the creation of a company.
- Understand the impact of a geopolitical and economic crisis on a small social enterprise and the resulting need to adapt its business model to both its immediate environment and that of a neighbouring country.
- Do an in-depth analysis of the business model of a small company and develop innovative and creative ways to adapt it to the situation created by the economic crisis.
- Understand and assess the administrative and economic similarities and cultural differences of two countries, then develop an appropriate business model for the neighbouring country.
Main themes covered
- Small company affected by an economic crisis
- The importance of adapting its business model to the new economic context and finding a good internationalization model
- Social impact of a small company
- Concept of shared value
Concepts and theories related to the case
- Business model canvas
- Shared value
- Internationalization of SMEs
- Internationalization theory
- Distance model
- Internationalization strategies
Teaching notes are available for teachers only. Contact the HEC Montréal Case Centre for more information.
|Nombre de pages|
|Numéro centre de cas|