Offshoring: Where Should KindyBis Make Its Socks?
8,00 $ – 50,00 $
CASE STUDY. This case presents a fictitious firm, KindyBis, which must decide whether or not to engage in offshoring, and if so, how.
Offshoring: Where Should KindyBis Make Its Socks?: Abstract
Offshoring: Where Should KindyBis Make Its Socks? is a case study by Fabien Peyrol, Claudia Rebolledo and Jean-François Cordeau.
This case presents a fictitious firm, KindyBis, which must decide whether or not to engage in offshoring, and if so, how. Students structure and model an offshoring decision and choose an international site and suppliers. The case was designed to use a combined SWOT (Strengths-Weaknesses/Opportunities-Threats) – AHP (Analytic Hierarchy Process) technique, but other methods can be used. The instructor is provided with an Excel file containing details of the calculations. In addition, we have produced a generic analysis grid that can model different circumstances depending on the conclusions arrived at during class discussions.
This case contributes to the development of several skills:
- Ability to make a well-thought-out location decision
- Ability to structure an offshoring decision: identifying options and their implications
- Ability to implement and test combined SWOT-AHP technique
- Understand the value and complexity of the decision-making process
Main themes covered
- Decisions related to offshoring, outsourcing, and supplier choice
- Use of a combined SWOT-AHP technique
- Use of the AHP method
Concepts & theories related to the case
- International offshoring/outsourcing
- SWOT-AHP method
- AHP method
|Number of Pages|
|Case centre numbering|
|Range of Pages|